Wednesday 11 April 2012

Getting Back in the Game

As many of you know (I think?!), I recently had a pretty major, last minute life change where I changed jobs, and cities, within a mere 5 days.  It was hectic, insane, crazy, busy, tiresome and stressful, but I can happily say that I'm more or less settled now.

This is a great move for many reasons...career, opportunities, social life, but the sudden change definitely set my gym and nutrition routine a little "off".

I am happy to say that I've found a new gym to call "home", where the likes of Lyzabeth Lopez and Dorian Yates have either trained or taught, with a great "raw" vibe and absolutely stellar old-school iron weight plates.  So far, I'm the only chick I've noticed that lifts more than a 5lb dumbbell and stays away from anything bouncy or stretchy.

It's amazing however, that training and eating can be so easily disrupted during a time of change.  I admit, my eating was terrible, and I'm still trying to get back to my regular routine, and exercise fell by the wayside.  I've learned though not to stress, that your body craves breaks such as these, and it's an opportunity to refocus your training goals.

I'm still currently following the Leangains protocol to great success, and think I finally found a program that I can stick with and enjoy.

I promise not to take such a long hiatus from my next post.  Until then, lift heavy, eat meat and enjoy the odd cheesecake!

Peace,

IR

No comments:

Post a Comment